MAVERICK ET-732's - Now In Stock!!

Discussion in 'Meat Thermometers' started by tjohnson, Jan 12, 2011.

1. hogwart

hogwart Fire Starter

Ok Thank you, Just got mine ordered.

2. tjohnson

tjohnson Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Insider OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

And I Just Shipped It!

TJ

3. rbranstner

rbranstner Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Man you have been going through those like hot cakes Todd.

4. sqwib

sqwib Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Where was this thread hiding?, just ordered mine

5. mco

mco Smoke Blower

Glad this popped back up, I just placed an order and thanks for the free shipping

6. flbobecu

flbobecu Smoking Fanatic

In one of the videos I saw, the reviewer stated the unit was "water proof" or water tight. It rains quite often here in FL, and I was wondering if this unit is actually sealed and water tight?

7. tyotrain

tyotrain Master of the Pit

I am glade this came up again i will be ordering mine soon(next few days) thanks TJohnson!

8. dale5351

dale5351 Smoking Fanatic

I got mine last week.  He shipped it quite fast.  Because of the free shipping, I added five pounds of dust to the order.  Good Deal! 

9. tjohnson

tjohnson Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Insider OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Just got the answer from Maverick

"We like to say Rain Proof. Do not immerse it in water."

During rainy weather, i stuck mine in a baggie, just for a little extra protection

Hope this helps!

Todd

10. flbobecu

flbobecu Smoking Fanatic

It does, thanks. :)

11. hogwart

hogwart Fire Starter

Just got mine in the mail last night. Works great. I get readings throughout the entire house and all the way out to the street.Thanks for the speedy delivery.

12. tjohnson

Cool!

TJ

13. tjohnson

"Free Shipping"  on your entire order if they buy a Maverick ET-732 Thermo

Coupon Code = ET732SHIP

Don't forget to use the code!!!

THX!

Todd

14. dale5351

dale5351 Smoking Fanatic

Thought that you might be interested in an idea I had for how to store that five pounds of dust.

Some time ago, I saw a post suggesting plastic juice jars.  I have been saving my Ocean Spray jars.  Previously, when I filled them, I made a funnel out of a rolled up tube of paper.  Worked ok, but not great.

This time we had the idea of using a milk jug.  Turns out that the pouring spout on the milk jug fit perfectly inside of the top of the juice jug.  I cut off the bottom, and had a large funnel to spoon the dust into.  Still had to help it along with a long chop stick to make it flow, but worked like a champ.  Here is a picture to show what I mean.

[​IMG]

15. tjohnson

Dale,

I just may have to buy back some of that sawdust!

Todd

16. dale5351

dale5351 Smoking Fanatic

Nope -- I'm sure you've got all you might need.     You can have the suggestion for free.  I was happy with how well it worked.  Hardly spilled any of the dust.  Before when using a paper funnel, there was a lot more spillage.

I have two pork butts and two racks of baby back ribs in the freezer just waiting for nicer weather and getting the urge again.  That cheese we did a while back has matured nicely.  I opened up one of the more melted blobs yesterday, and although it was not pretty, it tasted just fine. 

17. anybody have a unit that won't turn on?  i used mine twice and not the pocket unit won't turn on, so i have to go back outside to check temps

18. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Get a hold of Todd, I'm sure he will take care of it.

19. tjohnson

Try replacing the batteries.  if this does not fix the problem, PM me or email me.  You can send it back and I'll send you a new one

Also sent you a PM

Todd

20. micdisc03

micdisc03 Newbie

Todd, I am new to this forum and I'd like to buy this thermometer from you. Your website says, "Item should ship mid December when it's available from the manufacturer. "

Does this mean that you don't have them in stock anymore?