Maverick Customer Service - Great Job

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hope it works out for you. Just as an FYI, all 6 of my Maverick probes have grey plugs on them. Not that they all do. Any chance the probe in question didn't come off your Maverick?

The switch on my ET-73 receiver broke after about six months of use. Someone on another board taught me how to get it working. Over time, I stopped using the unit altogether. About a month or so ago it dawned on me I wasn't using it.

Spurred on by a similar thread somewhere, I wrote Maverick about my issues. Elizabeth handled it well. It was not more than a year since I purchased the unit. Unfortunately, I was sent a transmitter instead of a receiver. Another e-mail to Elizabeth and a receiver was sent right out to me.

great thread and glad to see fasteddie get the customer service he needed to restore his faith in the mavericks. great thermo in my opinion. the switch indeed is located behind the panel for weatherproofing on the transmitter. the one on the reciever isnt because typically it shouldnt see weather. i have had a few thermos myself, my first a taylor which i bought approx 10-12 years ago, it finally bit the dust a year ago, tried some others including 2 wally worlds i bought for 14 bux each, everyone was raving about the sale. the probe on either one never seen meat. they were both off by over 30 degrees... finally i bought the maverick and never looked back. the 73 has the ideal options which i have not seen on any other thermo made. esp the lo-hi warning for the smoke box.

I was wondering about that too, then I realized that the transmitter is water resistant, so by having the switch on the inside keeps the water out of the switch. Makes sense when you think about it in those terms.

Dave

Guess I should have read the third page before answering...oh well

I just purchased the Maverick ET7 and am loving it. Its a great thermo. I have been using it since Aug. 7th. So far it works great and has all the features I need. Just wanted to express my opinion of the device.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky