Matt from Ohio

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fattdirk

Original poster
Jun 22, 2016
Hi all! I'm Matt from Ohio - been smoking meat for about 5 years now. I started with a red electric brinkman smoker mainly making ribs and pork shoulder. I got frustrated with not being able to smoke during the winter time with electric so I upgraded to a smokey hollow 44" LP smoker last winter. I've been very happy with it so far. My brother lives in Austin and every time I visit him I have to stop down to Franklin and eat some of his delicious bbq and usually venture out to Lockhart also.

I recently read Franklin's book and now am planning on building a real wood fired smoker. I've already acquired a 150 gal air compressor tank to use but the metal is 1/4" thick and I don't currently have a means to cut it. It's more of a long term project at this point as I'm happy with my smokey hollow. 

Looking forward to honing my smoking skills by joining this community!

Hey Matt, glad to have you here on this great site.

Lots of real knowledge here and good folks willing to share.

Remember pictures of your smokes are good things.

Enjoy.

Ed

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from a hot day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky