Masterbuilt smoker died/blewup

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Kevin Braker

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 21, 2018
Few weeks ago i decided to clean and refuel my smoker. Next morning i go plug it in to start a brisket, i saw heard a pop, saw a flash and a bunch of smoke started coming from the element. It tripped the breaker for the outlet i was plugged into. I reset it and the digital panel was fine. Where do i find parts for this? I already called customer support and was on hold for about 35 minutes before i was disconnected. Tried emailing them a few times but have not a response yet.
Any one have ideas for me here?
Wife is getting inpatient about no smoked meats.

Which Generation MES is it?
I hope you didn't clean it with water.
tallbm tallbm is my GOTO guy on MES electronics & electrical problems.

Bear

Don't know the Gen, model number is 20071517. Just paper towels and elbow grease. I fear when i put it back together something may of shorted the element.

If you want to get ahold of MB, message them on their FB page. That's the fastest way.

Back of the smoker... Check the element wiring... It's usually the first thing to go...
Heating element wiring.jpg .. Heating element wiring2.jpg

I fixed my wiring 8 years ago... still going strong.... K.O.W....

Hi there and welcome!

Can you check the heating element panel, take some pics, and post them to see if the wires and/or connectors are corroded or burnt up? You might be buying a part that you may not need until some things are checked out.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky