Masterbuilt regulator question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

millertime1357

Original poster
Jul 1, 2022
Hey all I’m new to the group and excited to learn. Just aquired my first smoker, it’s a Masterbuilt 2 door propane smoker. The first time I tried using the smoker, the burner kept going out. Thinking it may be a faulty regulator, I bought a new high pressure regulator with needle valve. I tried using the smoker again, and after about 30 min the burner continued to go out. Any help would be great on this. I would love to get this smoker going.

So I am a complete newbie to this. I don’t know if it’s high or low pressure. Is there a way for me to find out?

My reply made me wonder and research if what I always thought was true…..

Is A 20-Lb. Propane Tank Considered High Pressure?​

Twenty-pound propane tanks are often referred to as “low pressure.” This is misleading because the pressure inside the tank is dependent on the temperature of the propane. Meanwhile, the temperature of the propane is typically a result of the temperature in the environment around the tank.

Make sure the Air vents on the smoker are not shut? It will smother out the flame and might make a bomb , make sure none are all the way closed

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky