Masterbuilt Propane Smoker WILL NOT STAY LIT

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

floyd

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 2, 2013
Hollywood, MD
I have a 1 1/2 year old MB 20050716 Masterbuilt Propane smoker with the glass door. It worked fine for about 4 smokes, but now, it will not stay lit. When I go to start it, i push in the selector and turn it counterclockwise to high like it saves. When I hit the igniter it roars to life, and as long as keep the selector pushed in, it stays lit. I have kept the selector pushed in for as much as 5 minutes, but every time I release the selector, the gas shuts off. I have done this for almost an hour and it shuts down every time. I had to use my Smoky Joe stick burner in 90 deg weather for my ribs. I believe the gas shutoff system is turning the gas flow off but I do not know how to either remove it or fix it. Does anyone have any ideas. I love the Masterbuilt propane smoker but it is unusable if the fire will not stay lit! HELP!

Sounds like you need a new thermocouple, or check to be sure its positioned properly in the flame.

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky