Masterbuilt pro dual fuel problem

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokersouth

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 31, 2015
Hi, I just got the Masterbuilt Pro Dual Fuel smoker sold by Home Depot.

The propane regulator doesn't regulate very well. At the lowest setting I'm right at 300 degrees.

I know others here have had the problem. Has anyone talked to Masterbuilt about what seems to be an all too common problem?

I thought about buying a needle valve which a lot of folks suggest, but I resent like hell having to shell out another $20 - $30 or more to fix a problem that I shouldn't have in the first place. Know what I mean?

Any other fixes for this problem?

If there are no other solutions and I do get a needle valve, I know I need a Type 1 connector.

But does this smoker take a high or low pressure adjustable regulator? Any specific psi?

If Masterbuilt included a good regulator with this smoker l wouldn't have to bother you folks with all this. Sorry.

And thanks.

Last edited:
Hi, I just got the Masterbuilt Pro Dual Fuel smoker sold by Home Depot.

The propane regulator doesn't regulate very well. At the lowest setting I'm right at 300 degrees.

I know others here have had the problem. Has anyone talked to Masterbuilt about what seems to be an all too common problem?

I thought about buying a needle valve which a lot of folks suggest, but I resent like hell having to shell out another $20 - $30 or more to fix a problem that I shouldn't have in the first place. Know what I mean?

Any other fixes for this problem?

If there are no other solutions and I do get a needle valve, I know I need a Type 1 connector.

But does this smoker take a high or low pressure adjustable regulator? Any specific psi?

If Masterbuilt included a good regulator with this smoker l wouldn't have to bother you folks with all this. Sorry.

And thanks.
a needle valve would help out also I would get a cast iron pan and use it I have a 8" I use and it works great the reason  I use it so I can use wood chunks over chips the chunks smoke longer then the chips also the pan will help u control the temp because if I take the pan out I can get a higher temp then I can if I was to leave the pan it  works like a heat shield I bought my needle valve for $12  

Would you tell me the make and model of that needle valve?

Thanks

Do you folks think the regulator is bad? 300 deg. at the lowest setting seems to say so.

I think I'll call Masterbuilt and see what they say.

How is there customer service?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky