Masterbuilt MES 35B MB20070210

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I had tried adjusting the dial to try and prevent the temperature swings, as per your instructions bear. I think it'll just take some learning the unit.

Despite the temp swings, our pork still came out really good. My wife also did up some mac and cheese and we put that in the smoker while letting the pork rest.

20180616_184842.jpg
20180616_185856.jpg
20180616_185915.jpg
20180616_190217.jpg

Had some sandwiches last night:

20180618_185105.jpg

I had tried adjusting the dial to try and prevent the temperature swings, as per your instructions bear. I think it'll just take some learning the unit.

Despite the temp swings, our pork still came out really good. My wife also did up some mac and cheese and we put that in the smoker while letting the pork rest.

All Looks Great !!
It's true that there is no substitute for learning & knowing your Smoker.

Bear

Reactions: MW196
So we've now done six smokes with this unit. The food has been great all the time.

However, after today's smoke, we noticed that the paint on the door is bubbled really badly and peeling away along with some on the cabinet now.

What should we do about this? Is it something that can be fixed?

I'm afraid to use the unit again because of it. Maybe it was something we did, but according to our ThermoPro the air temp has never been higher than 271F.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hmmm, I never had that happen to any of mine.
I would call Masterbuilt & see what they say. Maybe they have a Touch-up kit?
However I wouldn't worry too much about it, as long as it doesn't rust.
And as far as getting it replaced, I'd rather have one that works Great & has peeling paint, than a new one without peeling paint that doesn't work as good as the one you have.

Bear

So we've now done six smokes with this unit. The food has been great all the time.

However, after today's smoke, we noticed that the paint on the door is bubbled really badly and peeling away along with some on the cabinet now.

I'm afraid to use the unit again because of it. Maybe it was something we did, but according to our ThermoPro the air temp has never been higher than 271F.

I had this exact thing happen to my MES. Masterbuilt sent me a new smoker...it did the same thing. I agree, it's pretty off putting. My solution was to wire brush the inside area where the paint is and apply a gasket like they have on a Green Egg around the door. Several smokes later, you cant even tell and no more bubbling paint.

I'll post a pic later.

Do you have a photo of it? I've owned a MES 30 electric smoker for over 5 years and I've had that happen on the inside of the smoker, the door and along the edges of the door. I first saw this same thing inside my Weber kettle grill. This could be carbon deposits buildup, which looks like bubbling, peeling black enamel paint. But you've only done 6 smokes with your smoker AND it's still under warranty. Call Masterbuilt customer service. With some exceptions as with all CS call centers, they provide excellent CS. You can also try Nutshell's solution.

By the way, I'm an old geezer who uses the Maverick ET-733 because I like the larger monitoring screen and increased range of the transmitter. That goes for around $60-70. When that goes out for good, I plan to buy the Thermoworks Smoke but only on a sale price. Many guys like the Bluetooth and other WiFi stuff that also compiles smoke data that can be retrieved and printed out. I consider myself a minimalist. I don't even keep hard copy logs of each smoke, I just remember what I need to remember. For me, each smoke is an opportunity to learn and to experiment. Like you, I started out in April 2012 not knowing one thing about smoking. As you can see I'm considered here an OTBS Member/Master of the Pit. I gained a lot of knowledge and techniques from SMF and other reading, and my smoking skills improved by just doing it, learning all about hot and cold smokes. I use the AMNPS, and I use the AMNS and Dust for cold smokes, and I have a 6" AMNTS (tube smoker) that I won a couple of years ago in an A-MAZE-N contest (do yourself a favor and enter those). My smoking leaped upwards several notches when I stopped using wood chips and started using wood pellets, and now Dust.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky