Masterbuilt MES 130B - A-MAZE-N

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Maybe try a few 1 minute cycles in the microwave before using. Thats what I do with my pellets before they go in the Amazen tray.

Hi
I used the microwave and boy did I get in trouble. The pallets smoked and the wife cussed. I found the safer way was to put them in the tray when I preheat the smoker then light them. Also by preheating the smoker you help prevent a lot of the MES temp swings. Jted

Hi
I used the microwave and boy did I get in trouble. The pallets smoked and the wife cussed. I found the safer way was to put them in the tray when I preheat the smoker then light them. Also by preheating the smoker you help prevent a lot of the MES temp swings. Jted
This is exactly what I do. I have the 5x8 tray and 6" and 12" tubes. I put the loaded 5x8 in my MES while its heating up. Then I pull it out and light it. I was microwaving the pellets for a while until I cracked a bowl from the heat. In my area, I find trager brand pellets burn really well. I love my AMNPS.

Sometimes I get too much smoke from the Tube with dump tray at 1-2 inches. Is there away to fix that? Sometimes the smoke is thin, and sometimes seems like it's intense and billowing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky