masterbuilt mb20077618 no vents?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kylaker

Original poster
Jul 24, 2021
Got a Masterbuilt MB20077618 Analog Electric Smoker with 2 Smoking Racks, 30 inch, Black for fathers day.Have smoked in it couple times now but cant get a lot of smoke. Other smokers I see have vents in top and bottom my has none.Should i put some in? Tried last time leavening lid off chip box it smoked a lot better any help would be appreciated Thanks!

Ever figure this one out? My MB20071117 has the same issue but didn't begin that way. I believe air comes in through the bottom via the grease tube. Just wrapping the foil in the drip tray without poking a hole killed the smoke. The actual pathway may be clogged now... design a bit wonky with an elbow and I can't get my hand in under the element. If I leave the feed hopper off the side it sure smokes up fast! That's not a solution though. Seems air related.

Ever figure this one out? My MB20071117 has the same issue but didn't begin that way. I believe air comes in through the bottom via the grease tube. Just wrapping the foil in the drip tray without poking a hole killed the smoke. The actual pathway may be clogged now... design a bit wonky with an elbow and I can't get my hand in under the element. If I leave the feed hopper off the side it sure smokes up fast! That's not a solution though. Seems air related.
what I did was drilled holes in bottom of smoke box now it smokes big time.

what I did was drilled holes in bottom of smoke box now it smokes big time.

So it was airflow! I think this may be in the cards for me. When you say the bottom, the actual bottom or in the side close to the bottom?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky