Masterbuilt element

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Run a forum search, I know some have, I wouldn't be surprised if buried some where there is a tutorial on it. If I ever need to replace mine I just plan to annoy a mechanically inclined person to do it for me lol.

I recently replaced mine and i drew out the wiring diagram just in case its not the heating element, you can see the entire video here:

I was going to use a dremel tool to access the snap disc safety area when the switch fails instead of removing the whole back. It seems our gen 1 has another box to access to get to the snap disc. Did you happen to see if there are screws holding this metal box over the snap disk or how it's attached? I think there are screws inside the smoker to remove the metal cover.

Hi, DR.
For fun I just watched the above U Tube Video . At the very end he has a shot of the back off.
Take a look at it. Jted
I saw that but couldn't see how the cover is secured but I think two screws inside the smoker hold the cover and the other two screws secure the snap disk.

I saw that but couldn't see how the cover is secured but I think two screws inside the smoker hold the cover and the other two screws secure the snap disk.

If you skip to 8:10 i show how to remove the cover. The cover is secured with rivets, all you need to do is drill out the rivets as shown in the video. Then at 9:10 i have a simple wire diagram.

If you skip to 8:10 i show how to remove the cover. The cover is secured with rivets, all you need to do is drill out the rivets as shown in the video. Then at 9:10 i have a simple wire diagram.
The back smoker panel/cover you drilled out and replaced with screws is the entire back. The cover I'm talking about is the one you didn't remove that surrounds the snap disk and has foam insulation all around it. I'm contemplating making a 4"X4" cut out to bypass the switch if it fails during a smoke. Since I did Tallbm's no back removal bypass for the PID awhile back the only non accessible component that can fail is the snap disk. I have a spare element when it fails, but can bypass the snap disk with a wire nut if that turns out to be the problem during a smoke then order a replacement snap disk.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky