Masterbuilt electric smoker question...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

stump

Original poster
Dec 6, 2010
Hi great forum you guys have here. I have a quick question for you. I"ve been using  masterbuilt electric smoker for the last few years. I notcied the other day at Lowes that the new model has a latch on the door. I have always noticed that my door never really sealed that well but didnt think much of it. So the last time I tied the door closed to keep it really tight. So my question is this..does anybody here have the old model and if so do you strap the door closed tight or just let is stay closed by itself? Thanks in advanced.

When I bought mine about four years ago, it had a latch on it from the place I bought it, but other models (e.g. BassPro) had the magnetic seal -- which forums had warned did not work too well.  Since then, they seem to have put latches on the newer models.

I think that I saw latches on the parts list.  You could probably call customer service and get one -- either free or for a small charge.  I doubt that it would be all that hard to mount.

Try sending a pm to MbTechguy here -- he is from Masterbuilt and has helped many other forum members with fixes to their MES.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky