MasterBuilt customer service update

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

boogalie

Original poster
Jul 9, 2021
Mandeville, LA
Seems their website customer support was not too good for me. Facebook however did give me a response from their customer service. They offered to send me a replacement 'wood chip burner assembly' due to the shipping damage my unit had when delivered. I was told however they did not have any in stock and were not expecting any until late August and that they would send me an email notice when it was being shipped. I understand, however thought it funny they wanted me to fill out a customer survey asking if I was satisfied with their effort. Couldn't fill it out with a clear conscience until I receive the 'assembly', install it and see that it brings my unit to a new condition. Really wanted to get started riding the learning curve of smoking with the product, but will wait for the notice and delivery. Will keep the board posted.

You can absolutely still use your smoker. Get an Amazen tray or tube,these burn pellets or dust and provide continuous smoke for up to 10+ hrs. You can use it in the smoker and use a piece of tape to partially cover the chip loader hole to help regulate airflow until your chip loader arrives or if you're feeling adventurous you can do the Mailbox mod. Either way it makes the use of loading chips every half hour obsolete.

Last edited:
You can absolutely still use your smoker. Get an Amazen tray or tube,these burn pellets or dust and provide continuous smoke for up to 10+ hrs. You can use it in the smoker and use a piece of tape to partially cover the chip loader hole to help regulate airflow until your chip loader arrives or if you're feeling adventurous you can do the Mailbox mod. Either way it makes the use of loading chips every half hour obsolete.

Heck yeah tray big time unless you are one of the types of guys who love babysitting their smoker feeding chips every 30m. Not me. Tray gives 12hrs TBS. Totally one of my secret weapons.

Reactions: boogalie
N, thanks for the time and attention. Think I will first 'cure' or 'season' the smoker. Intention is to wipe interior down with damp clean cloth....shelving....whole interior deal. Then, run heat to 275 max for 3 hours...at two hours put some pellets in the amazn pellet container.....not sure about 'how to' mitigate the hole left by no wood chip burning fixture on the right side...hole is about 3 inch diameter....in any case thanks for the response. One other thing, what is the easiest 'smoke' meat so I can do a simple run through to get the initial hang of it, just your opinion?

stick a aluminum foil ball in it to block the air , welcome to the site

Reactions: boogalie
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky