masterbuilt 560

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

goalieguy29

Original poster
Dec 1, 2022
Hi All! New guy from NH here. Have a brand new Masterbuilt 560 that I just finished initial burn. All seems to be working great, fan etc, burn went well, but temp will not go above 500 degrees. Regulates there, even though temp on controller set to 700...any ideas?

Hi All! New guy from NH here. Have a brand new Masterbuilt 560 that I just finished initial burn. All seems to be working great, fan etc, burn went well, but temp will not go above 500 degrees. Regulates there, even though temp on controller set to 700...any ideas?
Specifically check your door switch for grill. With the door open the grill will only regulate to 500 regardless if your desired temp is higher.

Reactions: negolien
Specifically check your door switch for grill. With the door open the grill will only regulate to 500 regardless if your desired temp is higher.
Thanks! Then hopper door and the cleanout door are firmly shut, grill hood shit well, all else working good. (No help from masterbuilt yet. )any other thoughts?

It's the grill lid switch. If it is "open" (not shorted), the fan will shut off at 500 degrees. The switch is either not being depressed fully, or maybe a pin is bent in the connector.

Reactions: goalieguy29
It's the grill lid switch. If it is "open" (not shorted), the fan will shut off at 500 degrees. The switch is either not being depressed fully, or maybe a pin is bent in the connector.
I'll check that out, Thanks!

Welcome from NY. Where in NH are you? My son lives and teaches in Keene.

I can't help with the higher temps but I think the other guys here will help you out. I don't take my MB 800 past 300 deg, any hotter and I would go to my gasser.

Welcome from NY. Where in NH are you? My son lives and teaches in Keene.

I can't help with the higher temps but I think the other guys here will help you out. I don't take my MB 800 past 300 deg, any hotter and I would go to my gasser.
In Peterborough, 1/2 hour from Keene. Everyone loves this 560 to sear at 700....the grill lid limit switch is definitely *bent/broken.

Reactions: clifish
You were RIGHT, the pin was bent/never noticed it. Tried to bend out but pin still "sticky" and then pin came out completely. (This grill was pretty beat and bent from shipping...) Still stuck at 500. Will try to get a replacement or worst case hard wire it..THANKS!

Reactions: Mattmilw
You were RIGHT, the pin was bent/never noticed it. Tried to bend out but pin still "sticky" and then pin came out completely. (This grill was pretty beat and bent from shipping...) Still stuck at 500. Will try to get a replacement or worst case hard wire it..THANKS!
MB sent me 2 new switches free quickly, just went on support on their site and logged the issue. They emailed me the next day.

Reactions: 912smoker
Got three switches from Amazon, replaced the grill lid switch...and It WORKED! THANKS so much for your help, still no response from MB... My best! Matty

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky