• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Masterbuilt 40 Inch Digital Charcoal Smoker

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Looks very interesting, I’m surprised they are getting away from their gravity feed smoker, which seems to be a real winner.
Al

MJB05615

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 12, 2018
I had one for 5 months and gave it away to a friend. It's a nice looking unit. The Bluetooth works pretty well.
The main issue I had was not nearly enough smoke. I watched all of the videos, etc. They all put wood chunks in with the charcoal to produce different flavored smoke, other than charcoal. Every time I did this, even with dry, wet, 1-2 small chunks, etc. It would always flame up and give an error code on the screen. I would have to pull out the Charcoal tray and carefully remove the wood chunks and restart with only charcoal. I researchd the small amount of info available and there was no solution. So I gave up and gifted to a close friend. He's using it as a small stick burner not ever plugged into the electricity or using any features, etc. LOL. The design idea is good, but not if you want wood smoke flavor. I ended up getting a Chargriller Grill with an add on side smoker box for offset smoking for short cooks. I use my MES 40 Gen 1 for most and all long cooks. Hope this helps, sorry for being so wordy.

lowslowmac

Joined May 18, 2017
I just bought one yesterday. Seasoned part 1 today. Doing another burn to season tomorrow then cooking Tuesday. So far I like it. But will know more later this week.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.