Masterbuilt 40" electric smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MeaterMaid

Original poster
May 15, 2021
I just got a new Masterbuilt smoker - upgraded from the 30" electric to the fancy dance 40" bluetooth model. The bluetooth sucks. The real problem though is the digital display. It's dark blue on black and almost completely unreadable. Anyone experience this? I'm thinking a light shield over the top would help but looking for any ideas you can throw at me.

I just got a new Masterbuilt smoker - upgraded from the 30" electric to the fancy dance 40" bluetooth model. The bluetooth sucks. The real problem though is the digital display. It's dark blue on black and almost completely unreadable. Anyone experience this? I'm thinking a light shield over the top would help but looking for any ideas you can throw at me.
For the Bluetooth are you pushing the button on the smoker after the door has been opened? I have an older MES30 with the Bluetooth and once I started doing that I've never had any more issues with the app

Sounds like they want you to rely on the app by making the display unreadable. Guess the designer has never tried to read a blue on black webpage.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky