Masterbuilt 40" (20075315) on the way from Sam's for $229. MES 440S is on sale for $303. Keep the 20075315?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

starbaby

Original poster
Jul 28, 2019
Yes the reviews are quite bad for the MES 440S.

I am upgrading to the 40" from a MB 30". I can transfer the leg assembly and MB side smoker to the 40", I believe.

Talk me out of getting a new MES 440S for $303.

The $229 price is from the Black Friday deal. The first one arrived dented. It clearly looked like someone kicked the front of the box on the bottom.

Last edited:
I'm confused. Why didn't they give you a new one at the sale price?

Anyway, my advice is to treat it like a baby with brittle bone disease. Mine isn't heating up to its capacity anymore, even though I was very careful with it.

Reactions: starbaby
I'm confused. Why didn't they give you a new one at the sale price?

Anyway, my advice is to treat it like a baby with brittle bone disease. Mine isn't heating up to its capacity anymore, even though I was very careful with it.

Sam's did adjust the price for the 2nd one.

Yes the reviews are quite bad for the MES 440S.

I am upgrading to the 40" from a MB 30". I can transfer the leg assembly and MB side smoker to the 40", I believe.

Talk me out of getting a new MES 440S for $303.

The $229 price is from the Black Friday deal. The first one arrived dented. It clearly looked like someone kicked the front of the box on the bottom.

That’s a $500 smoker in Canada, if I could find it for $303 in Canada I’d be one that like white on rice.

Reactions: starbaby
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky