Masterbuilt 30" Smoker no longer heating.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
@Steve H I have installed the new high limit switch I never bypassed it.
tallbm tallbm First I'm going to go get a can of expanding foam and spray all the foam that is now missing. I think the entire side of the smoker basically no longer has any foam and it was all burnt up. Then yes I will look into creating an access door for that section of the smoker.

Might I suggest you get high temp fiberglass insulation? The spray foam insulation has a much lower max working temp. Fiberglass doesn't burn at worst it will melt. Would save you some money and potentially be a better option in the end.

I am 99% sure the switch melted down and caught fire... simply because I've seen burnt up ones having replaced like 4-5 of them hahaha. I also put hi temp fiberglass insulation (fireplace or oven insulation cant remember) in place of removed foam insulation when I was dissecting an MES to to figure out all it's wiring since there was little consistent info online as I was getting to the bottom of rewire and PID configurations :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky