Master Forge and ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ps0303

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Tampa,FL
OK I have a Master Forge and the last time I did ribs, as I recall, I had to cut them so I could fit them on the racks.  Does anyone use any type of mod to be able to keep the racks hole?  I thought about finding some way to hang them from something. I just want to keep the racks hole.

Just realized that at some point the ribs would probably fall from a hanger type device.  That is if they get really tender.

I guess I will just have to live with cutting them to fit for now.

There is a way to cook "somewhat" full rack of ribs.  I have a MasterForge and have cooked ribs with roughly 10 to 11 bones (roughly 14 1/2" in length).  Then I would place them on a rib rack.  The only rib racks I have been able to find that will fit the MasterForge smoker are the Brinkman rib racks.  Roughly $10 at Home Depot.  I have cooked up to 12 racks of ribs in one sitting this way.  Here's a pic of one of my rib cooks where I used this method.  These were 10 bone racks.

Good Luck.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky