Mark down bin find….

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JLeonard

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 17, 2020
Southaven, MS
did my Kroger grocery run this morning at 7am. It’s great on my one day off I’m still up early like I’m going to work. Bryce made the comment the other day that a steak would be good. Did my cruise through the middle of the store then hit the meat section. Always check out the reduced bin. Found a hunk of meat with a sell by date of tomorrow. Decided it needed to come home with me.
IMG_1492.jpeg

over 3 pounds. Got it home. Cut the hard fat off. Little Worcestershire sauce on it and some kosher salt. Into the fridge to hang out.
did a few things around the house. Watched a little football. Took a nap.
IMG_1493.jpeg

onto the kettle with a little KBB, some pecan and mesquite chips in the smoker box. Yeah, gotta do a deep clean on the kettle. Been lazy about it. Running 325 degrees according to the new Inkbirdbbq Inkbirdbbq wireless remote. Took it to 130 degrees IT then a quick sear over the hot coals.
IMG_1494.jpeg IMG_1495.jpeg
off the kettle, 10 min rest and slice. While I was finishing up the sides Bryce had to have something to eat.
IMG_1497.jpeg

plated and the required close up shot.
IMG_1498.jpeg IMG_1499.jpeg

Had oven roasted taters, corn, green beans, and a yeast roll to sop up the juices.
Thanks for hanging through my long post.

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
Good find and good cook. But even from the bargain bin, those thawks are pricey.
And your kettle doesn't look that far gone, just a little scrubbing on the grate.

Reactions: JLeonard
Jim you had a busy day , up before you had to. House work , shopping .
Great find in the bin, and I could not stop laughing when I saw Bryce vibrating on the Tomahawk bone .
Like a crazed Chihuahua , lol

Great looking plate of food and nice close up

David

Reactions: JLeonard
Nice find and great meal!
Our Smiths (part of Kroger) has a bargain bin not far from front door.
I always head straight to it, that is when wife allows me in the store.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky