Marinated and smoked alligator

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rrrrowsdower

Original poster
Sep 9, 2013
Owasso, Oklahoma
Over the weekend I finally had the opportunity to cook up some alligator (been dying to cook some for years). I bought the meat at a local cajun meat store, it was pre-marinated so we just threw it on with no preparation needed. Also we fried some "cajun alligator bites". Spicy! Here are the pics:

Fantastic!!!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE smoked alligator!!!! (I think I have that in my signature photos here).

Regardless, that's what I'm doing again on Thanksgiving, as it was soooooooooooooooooo amazingly good!

Yours looks wonderful too!!!

Cheers! - Leah

Fantastic!!!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE smoked alligator!!!! (I think I have that in my signature photos here).

Regardless, that's what I'm doing again on Thanksgiving, as it was soooooooooooooooooo amazingly good!

Yours looks wonderful too!!!

Cheers! - Leah
Wow that smoked alligator with pumpkin and ginger pasta looks pretty amazing.

Hi Tom!

The alligator gets smoked just 25 minutes, and that thread should be around in the non-fish seafood section I believe, with the details.

And there's an octopus thread there too, which I posted yesterday, and so yesterday's octopus got smoked just 15 minutes and it was really moist and wonderful! Hopefully that helps.

Your penchant for exotic food is terrific!!! Cheers! - Leah

thanks!!
i will try to look them up. i come from a family that i was 20 something before i realised sardines, mackerel, smelt and calamari etc. was not a "normal" meal. my boys at 2-3 were eating fresh shucked oysters with me and now at 30 eat everything. i struggle with octopous (getting tender) so again thanks for the input. love to meet other eaters!! see you are off the east coast, i am origionaly from the far, far norteast of NY and missspent youth in the SF bay area BUT on the coast for frsh fish that you are privy for now it is at least a two hr drive.

tom

Hi Tom! Your upbringing indeed sounded delicious! Oddly I too requested exotic fare when just a child, although my siblings did not. That's fantastic that you exposed your own children to gourmet goods and being "open" to trying new things.

Here's to fabulous eating and for all!!!! Happy Saturday!!! Cheers! - Leah

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky