March '23 Throwdown: Gone But Not Forgotten (Edited)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Important Throw-down Notice: Please reread post #1 of this thread, or Roberts throw down protocol thread to understand some important changes that the committee unfortunately had to make concerning who is accepting the entries.

Link:

Chris

Reactions: DRKsmoking
I've been to Nova Scotia before David. It's a beautiful part of the country up there.

Now come on Cliff, Last time I visited your neck of the woods. It took us almost as long to get to Long Island from Manhattan. Then It took us to get to Manhattan from VT. Granted there was a bad accident on the 495(I think that's the hwy), but still.

Chris
Well you got me there, that is why when we head up to your area we take the ferry to Bridgeport and head up 91 to VT/NH. We should have built a house around there instead of PA.

Reactions: gmc2003
Well you got me there, that is why when we head up to your area we take the ferry to Bridgeport and head up 91 to VT/NH. We should have built a house around there instead of PA.
NH would have been a lot cheaper than VT and I imagine PA. 91 is also known as the Drug corridor up here.

NH would have been a lot cheaper than VT and I imagine PA. 91 is also known as the Drug corridor up here.
VT has higher taxes for sure (although not as high as Long Island) PA was cheaper with the new place all in down to the new pool table (3 floors, 3300 sq') for about $350K. Taxes are around $5800. VT would have cost $500K for an older place around Mt. Snow. NH is all over the place.

VT really screws the folks that own second homes. We own a condo in Burlington that we rent out and taxes for that are around 4500.00. The place is a two bedroom/one bath on two floors. A little over 1000 SQ. feet. The HOA adds another 230.00/month.

Primary residence tax is based on your income.

Chris

VT really screws the folks that own second homes. We own a condo in Burlington that we rent out and taxes for that are around 4500.00. The place is a two bedroom/one bath on two floors. A little over 1000 SQ. feet. The HOA adds another 230.00/month.

Primary residence tax is based on your income.

Chris
Never heard of R/E tax based on income....not sure I like that, should be based on value of the house.

PA amenity fee (so I guess that is HOA fee) is now $1890/year but for that the entire family skis for free at the mountain in the community, 2 pools, stables, motor boat lake, tiki bar, restaurant are also in the community. Cross country ski trails, ATV trails so lots to do.

Never heard of R/E tax based on income....not sure I like that, should be based on value of the house.

PA amenity fee (so I guess that is HOA fee) is now $1890/year but for that the entire family skis for free at the mountain in the community, 2 pools, stables, motor boat lake, tiki bar, restaurant are also in the community. Cross country ski trails, ATV trails so lots to do.
I should clarify that: Your primary residence is valued at X dollars. You pay a percentage of that value based on your income. If you own a second home you pay the full amount.

Again I love joining in to the throwdowns but understand the issues of sending to another country.
Bering that we have a lot of members here who are not living in the U.S, there has been some discussion on how to handle the prizes in the event of someone outside the U.S claiming a prize. This is a worldwide forum so the possibility is real....as you already know David :emoji_wink: The committee and the admin staff absolutely will not exclude anybody from entering so we're discussing things to ensure fairness, regardless of where you call home.

Let's get those entries in folks!! :emoji_laughing:

Robert

as you already know David :emoji_wink: The committee and the admin staff absolutely will not exclude anybody from entering so we're discussing things to ensure fairness, regardless of where you call home.
Thanks and I realized this. Couple times Brian bmudd14474 bmudd14474 just used Amaizon.ca for the same gifts and once the company that sponcered had an office in Canada.

So all good at my end . If I should enter and happen to be lucky

But really love the idea of this throwdown. just to Honor the past great folks that helped
so many here . It is a great respectful thing.
So just putting in your entry will be the thank you, to our Past Members.

David

I bet this one has 20 entries!

I'm betting 30.
Alright!! Looks like we got a little side bet going on here. Whoever is the closest might just find an interesting little package show up on their door step :emoji_wink: If we get 25 though, that's a tie and negates the possibility of something being sent out. Jake, you're a great friend and I always wish you the best but I'm hoping Steve wins this one :emoji_laughing:

Robert

The committee has done a great job picking the gifts! Actually looked at them the 1st time this morning... I should maybe stay away from The Porter Road website... my wife might take away my shopping privileges... gonna need a bigger cart! :emoji_blush:

Ryan

So all good at my end . If I should enter and happen to be lucky
David, I'm happy it all worked out for you. Your situation is actually something that needed to be discussed, and not just for Canadians. We have some really talented people from all over the world in SMF and the possibility is very real that somebody outside the U.S. could win. We had to figure out how to make sure they received their prize. You got the thought process going though :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Good morning ladies and gentlemen. The second full weekend is upon us for getting those entries done and sent in to TNJAKE TNJAKE There is just over a week left, which includes two full weekends. Here's hoping for a record breaking turnout for this one!!

Robert

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky