Man vs. Fish

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Can't say I've ever been bitten by a fish before, but there was this one girl in high school...needless to say I threw her back.

That looks nasty I hope it heals quickly.

Chris

We used to catch a lot of northern pike while fishing for walleyes in Minnesota. Northern are very slimy and hard to hold, their gill plates are very sharp, and the meat is full of "Y" bones that are very difficult to remove or eat around.

And the teeth are not only plentiful and very sharp, they curve backward. So if one clamps down on your thumb, you either wait until it lets go (or you kill it) to remove it (unlikely) or pull it out against the backward curve of the teeth. It looks like you pulled your thumb out. Ouch!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky