Man cave!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
No on the moisture board . It's not spec'd for ceilings .
1/2 inch regular drywall ( not lightweight ) will span 24" o.c. on ceilings if installed across the framing , without glue . However glueing never hurts . Also increases the structural value of the unit .
Ok. Thanks. I didn't know that about moisture board. I have a kid that hangs rock. Guess he's hired!

I was up late enough and bored enough to combine a bunch of the ideas for Steve's man cave in one photo.

steves_man_cave.jpg

I used to deliver those things back in the 90's. I don't miss it. Nice man cave though Steve. Do you mind telling us what company built it?

I used to deliver those things back in the 90's. I don't miss it. Nice man cave though Steve. Do you mind telling us what company built it?
The sheds are built by the Amish folk. Outsourced from a local company. You can't beat the quality. They've done the metal roofs on our house. And garage.

You can't beat the quality.
I was surprised when I saw the pictures . Nothing cheap about that from the material to the labor . They didn't spare any framing members . That speaks to quality . Sheet goods install so the stamps are visible . All signs of someone that knows , and cares about what they are doing .
That's a really nice structure .

Backyard outfitters

If that logo above the doors says "Backyard Outfitters", that's my family's company. Home based here in Middle TN.
IMG_20240524_063719719.jpg

Wow! What are the odds of that?! I guess it's too late for a discount? lol!!!
I was surprised when I saw the pictures . Nothing cheap about that from the material to the labor . They didn't spare any framing members . That speaks to quality . Sheet goods install so the stamps are visible . All signs of someone that knows , and cares about what they are doing .
That's a really nice structure .
Thanks Chop! We looked at a lot of sheds. And I saw some really poor builds.

Wow! What are the odds of that?! I guess it's too late for a discount? lol!!!
I dont know... Maybe they can send ya a "oops over charged ya" discount!
That man cave has a lot of space and potential. Cant wait to see what you do with it.

Jim

I dont know... Maybe they can send ya a "oops over charged ya" discount!
That man cave has a lot of space and potential. Cant wait to see what you do with it.

Jim
Lol! Actually, though. For the quality of this shed. I feel the price is justified. Not to mention they gave me 5% off on a cash deal.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky