Man cave!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
After years and years of wanting my own little space. I'm finally heading in the right direction..
IMG_20240517_090659298 (1).jpg

12x24. And man! It was a tight fit getting between the garage and tree. Only a couple a couple of inches to spare!
Just need to do a bit of landscaping. And get this bad boy wired!

Nice Steve, glad it fit. You are going to love it.

Do you know someone that can wire that for you :emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:

Have fun with your new digs Steve.

David
I'm trying to figure that out:emoji_wink:! I was shocked how $$ Romex has gotten. Everything else electrical for that matter.

I'm trying to figure that out:emoji_wink:! I was shocked how $$ Romex has gotten. Everything else electrical for that matter.

I hear you on that Steve, Tuesday we get the new property and I start the week after doing the ground work and I am building a 12 x 20 shed for the items i will remove from the building.
even though I buy and build everyday. I was shocked at the amount for just the material to build that shed.

David

Reactions: Steve H and mike243
Nice, but I'm jealous Steve😉. If I could get something like that in my backyard, I'd have one in a heartbeat. But only have 10' of clearance on the side. Enjoy that...

Nice! I have a very small man cave, 8 x 6 Amish built.

Placed on the edge of one of my fields 1/4 mile from my house.

100 watt solar and deep cycle marine battery. DC lighting and a very small TV.

Big Buddy propane heater.

Interior decorated with hunting/fishing themed tin signs.

I hunt from it or video wildlife or just have a few beers and relax!

Enjoy yours!

Just need to do a bit of landscaping. And get this bad boy wired!
And that roof insulated .
I was shocked how $$ Romex has gotten.
Been like that for awhile . I was shocked to see it under lock and key .
Bad thing about retirement is all the stuff I have to buy .

That's gonna be nice .

That shed is HUGE!!! Steve. We need to get something similar, but smaller in scale. Our garage is just about out of space.

Chris

Nice, but I'm jealous Steve😉. If I could get something like that in my backyard, I'd have one in a heartbeat. But only have 10' of clearance on the side. Enjoy that...
Thanks!

Nice! I have a very small man cave, 8 x 6 Amish built.

Placed on the edge of one of my fields 1/4 mile from my house.

100 watt solar and deep cycle marine battery. DC lighting and a very small TV.

Big Buddy propane heater.

Interior decorated with hunting/fishing themed tin signs.

I hunt from it or video wildlife or just have a few beers and relax!

Enjoy yours!
Thanks!
And that roof insulated .

Been like that for awhile . I was shocked to see it under lock and key .
Bad thing about retirement is all the stuff I have to buy .

That's gonna be nice .
Thanks Chop! A guy it work bought some. They unlock the cage. And carry it to the register with you. I'm not sure if I'll insulate anything for this year.

That shed is HUGE!!! Steve. We need to get something similar, but smaller in scale. Our garage is just about out of space.

Chris
Thanks Chris!

Nice Steve, but dont make it to comfortable you might get thrown out😉
Thanks! I already have the RV to spend time out in!

Be a bunch of clothes and shoes in there . Lol .
Lol!

Very nice Steve! Excited to see it finished!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan! I'll post updates as I go.

Reactions: chopsaw
Nice project! Looks like the hard part is done, now moving on to the next hard part lol.

Looking forward to the updates as well!

I'm not sure if I'll insulate anything for this year.
I understand . They get so hot . I have that gazebo that's open on 4 sides with metal roof . It gets so hot you can't hardly sit under there in the summer . Nothing a couple fans won't fix though .

Reactions: MJB05615
Nice project! Looks like the hard part is done, now moving on to the next hard part lol.

Looking forward to the updates as well!
Thanks!

That's a really nice looking building Steve. Enjoy, and you know how we like pics 😉
Lol! I know!

That's a good looking shed Bub...

I visualize one end being partitioned off and the whole room then insulated... A reefer unit installed and TA DA .. A walk in cooler for processing...
Lol! Don't let Ann see this!

I understand . They get so hot . I have that gazebo that's open on 4 sides with metal roof . It gets so hot you can't hardly sit under there in the summer . Nothing a couple fans won't fix though .
Our Gazebo is the same. I use a fan if it gets too hot.

That's a beautiful space.

Hope that tree doesn't get bigger...
Thank you! That's the neighbors tree. And it should have been taken down years ago. It's in rough shape.

I cant see it Steve. Is it to the left of that big smoke house with the double doors and windows.
:emoji_laughing:. Congrats :emoji_thumbsup:
lol! Thanks!

Great start to a great man cave!

Jim
Thanks Jim!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky