Making Smoke Generator

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pieter bansema

Original poster
Nov 5, 2013
I have made my own sausages from little chef to converted deep freezer. used hot plates with wood shavings. took a sausage course.Even smoked lots of white fish in my under ground fire channeled to a old outhouse with chicken wire shelves !. smoked in a 12 X 8 ft old building with a smoothered wood fire for smoke. read up on how to smoke foods etc draft verses moisture on and on. We all smoke food in the style we like . this thread is all about  making a good smoke generator  (out side of smoker) I looked at big daddy smoker now he is putting in springs baffles etc  adding charcoal briquettes  etc. Moving air supply from top to bottom. Also i  have seen most of attempts to do this on YouTube.   And it looks they have the same problems keeping it smoking foods.  I think everyone here would like to find the right size and mixture of wood  that will continue to generate smoke for  8 hrs, with out it starting on fire or going out. so we can cold smoke them hams turkeys bacon our way. How about your Ideas on wood chips : sawdust ;wood granauls  : wood chunks or pieces or  sticks etc

Thanks and keep smoking food fun and safe.

Hello Pieter.  Welcome.  I see this is your first post.  Please take some time and swing over to Roll Call and introduce yourself so that we may give you a proper "Hello".  All info you can provide us with such as smoker type, location and so on will help us answer any questions you may have.  As for your question:  In my opinion Chef Jimmy has got ya covered.  I think the mailbox with the AMNPS just may be what you are lookin for.  Good luck.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

You need to look into the Mail Box Mod and the A-MAZE-N Pellet Smoke Generator (AMNPS)...http://www.amazenproducts.com/Default.asp

No fooling around with Briquettes or power for a pump...Just load it with pellets of choice, light it and sit back and watch the Thin Blue Smoke flow for the next 10 hours before a refill. Below is a good place to start...JJ

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/newsearch?search=mail+box+mod
X2

Great start for what you are asking about.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky