Making Smoke Generator

Discussion in 'For New Members' started by pieter bansema, Nov 5, 2013.

1. I have made my own sausages from little chef to converted deep freezer. used hot plates with wood shavings. took a sausage course.Even smoked lots of white fish in my under ground fire channeled to a old outhouse with chicken wire shelves !. smoked in a 12 X 8 ft old building with a smoothered wood fire for smoke. read up on how to smoke foods etc draft verses moisture on and on. We all smoke food in the style we like . this thread is all about  making a good smoke generator  (out side of smoker) I looked at big daddy smoker now he is putting in springs baffles etc  adding charcoal briquettes  etc. Moving air supply from top to bottom. Also i  have seen most of attempts to do this on YouTube.   And it looks they have the same problems keeping it smoking foods.  I think everyone here would like to find the right size and mixture of wood  that will continue to generate smoke for  8 hrs, with out it starting on fire or going out. so we can cold smoke them hams turkeys bacon our way. How about your Ideas on wood chips : sawdust ;wood granauls  : wood chunks or pieces or  sticks etc

Thanks and keep smoking food fun and safe.

2. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

3. Hello Pieter.  Welcome.  I see this is your first post.  Please take some time and swing over to Roll Call and introduce yourself so that we may give you a proper "Hello".  All info you can provide us with such as smoker type, location and so on will help us answer any questions you may have.  As for your question:  In my opinion Chef Jimmy has got ya covered.  I think the mailbox with the AMNPS just may be what you are lookin for.  Good luck.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

4. jarjarchef

jarjarchef Master of the Pit OTBS Member

X2

Great start for what you are asking about.