Making Pizzas in Earthstone Oven

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SCBBQ

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Apr 2, 2021
Love this pizza oven!

IMG_4636.jpeg

Admittedly after they built a Publix Grocery store near us, days of making dough from scratch were over... Their fresh pre-rolled dough is as good as we'd ever need.

The dessert pizzas are the most popular - Nutella, Mascarpone , bananas and topped with marshmallows.

IMG_2055.JPG

IMG_0873.jpeg

Reactions: DRKsmoking
The nice thing about the oven is you can set the thermostat and it heats with gas to that temp - and along the way just throw in a few logs and they help speed up the preheat process.

IMG_5874.jpeg

Nice looking pizza oven, looks like it works very well!! Some great looking pizzas in your pictures!

Thanks - here's a tip - we always make way way too much pizza - so when we do, we vacuum seal slices and freeze them - easy reheat whenever you don't feel like cooking!

IMG_4643.jpeg

Those pizza's are the bomb, heck I bet even an Tony's Frozen pizza would taste good coming out of that oven.

Point for sure
Chris

the secret is you don't put the marshmallows on until the end... You cook it and caramelize the nutella first, (along with bananas and mascarpone, then at the end, pull pizza out and while it's still on the peel, over the sink, dump a bag of marshmallows on it. It should take half a bag or so.. then return it and keep it on the peel, holding it up to the top of the dome where its insanely hot, it takes about 20 seconds for them to toast and burn in nicely.

Afterwards, it has to set up for at least 10-15 minutes. That's the hard part. (the wait)...

Last edited:
Yeah I should have typed lol at the end - was laughing when I saw your text -

Also, I was also going to say thanks for the process on the way to do the muchrooms....sorry Marshmellows on the
pizza. so they set up to eat right, and yes it would be hard to wait.

Love the memmories of the burnt top of mouth with the skin hanging after eating pizza while it is too hot , sometimes it is hard to wait

David

Reactions: SCBBQ
I may be a bit jealous over here. That is one heck of a setup you have bud. Great work.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky