Making Jarlsberg Style cheeses

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
As far as i know the Jarlsberg process is a closely guarded trade secret. However the Norwegians have licensed other countries to produce Jarlsberg including US.

That is one sweet cheese: fresh, smoked, aged. I just remember i have sone smoked in the fridge.

I am not a fan of "style" foods.

Jarlsberg style....is not Jarlsberg. Same as sparkling wine is not champagne.
Or one of my experiments with wine - got an expensive wine kit, juice imported from the region where the wine i like comes from. Made a drinkable wine but nothing like the one i love (despite all the claims from the dealer or producer).

I don't think i saw a cheese i didnt like....but if i want Jarlsberg i will go for the real thing.

Well since the newbie came on with the cheese making tutorial. I have all kinds of thoughts running through my head. I think the first stop will be the SausageMaker, they have an array of cheese making equipment. I'm guessing the first thing I need is a cheese press!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky