makin bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tink3872

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 29, 2017
Liberty, Pa.
Just got 25 pounds of pork belly from local distributor the other day. Today I mixed up some of POPS wet cure brine recipe and put them bad boys down in a big stainless steel pot. I let them cure in the brine for 14 days, take them out, rinse and pat dry. That is one of the hardest thing to do is wait that long to cure them before putting them in my M.E.S 40" smoker with a cold smoke unit that goes where the chip cup goes. I use hickory wood chips for a more smoky flavor. Can't wait.

Post up some pics! I love Pops brine have done a ton of bacon in it as well as dried beef and pastrami. I hot smoke mine but soon I’ll tey some cold smoking.

Reactions: JC in GB
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky