Makes me want to cry

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

RichGTS

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 22, 2020
Camdenton Mo
Not mine - but a friend was cleaning up his patio and went to move his smoker, wheel snagged on a crack in his concrete and over it went.
1586571499121.jpeg

I'm a thinking some gorilla glue :emoji_gorilla: and duct tape will fix it right up, ya know "DUCT TAPE" fixes EVERYTHING.:emoji_laughing: But seriously thats a BUMMER

• Haha
Reactions: RichGTS
and another one bites the dust

Chris

Dang hate that, lotta $ laying there, think I would rather sand a little rust as to chance that. a Weber would've got a dent and kept on smoking. No good way to repair short of making a built-in cooking form and fill it with heat resistant concrete, no more wheeling it outta the way though

I realize that some folks have limited space ; but the picture makes a good argument for setting ceramic cookers into large tables or carts. Coarse; They're expensive if you can't make your own.

That really sucks. I’d love to get one of these big time ceramic cookers but I just know something like this would happen to me too.

Reactions: sprky
I’d love to get one of these big time ceramic cookers but I just know something like this would happen to me too.

I've moved my BGE many times and never had an issue, but I'm lucky in that I don't need to keep mine covered. It's under a covered patio and never gets weather on it. I also have it in the BGE Nest, which is pretty stable and rolls very easily.

If you felt like making a trip to TX I'd make you a great deal on an XL BGE that's in perfect condition. Not that it isn't a great cooker but with all the rest of the toys I have that one rarely gets used.

Robert

I've moved my BGE many times and never had an issue, but I'm lucky in that I don't need to keep mine covered. It's under a covered patio and never gets weather on it. I also have it in the BGE Nest, which is pretty stable and rolls very easily.

If you felt like making a trip to TX I'd make you a great deal on an XL BGE that's in perfect condition. Not that it isn't a great cooker but with all the rest of the toys I have that one rarely gets used.

Robert

Your going to make someones day Robert. Wish I was closer than eastern NC.

I realize that some folks have limited space ; but the picture makes a good argument for setting ceramic cookers into large tables or carts. Coarse; They're expensive if you can't make your own.
Agree! I kinda always wanted one of these things but I have heard of people cracking the plates and such inside of them.
I told him if he wanted to replace it I would help him make a table for it to set into.

Robert
Robert - I shot him a note to see if he would be interested. Thank you!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky