MAK Smoked Hamzilla

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Hamzilla been in the brine for awhile now. This morning i took him or her out of the brine, rinsed and cleaned well and ready for smoke. Was going to hang it in my Bradley but have it for something else today.

Rinsed well from the brine.

4313f379_DSC00119.jpg

Going to hit it with 2 hours of hickory on the smoke setting. Then bump the heat for awhile.

463a8cef_DSC00120.jpg

Thanks for the warning!

Gotta get my seat early----You will be watched by thousands!!!

popcorn.gif

110.gif

Bear

looks good so far....I see you trimmed off most of the skin and fat....did you save them? Might ask Al if he want's them for some more cracklin's....I think he's kinda partial to them now

looks good so far....I see you trimmed off most of the skin and fat....did you save them? Might ask Al if he want's them for some more cracklin's....I think he's kinda partial to them now
Yup

Cut the skin and fat up, vac sealed and in freezer for some chichoronis one day.

Smoke setting is off. These pics are at 325*

193ae312_DSC00122.jpg

Flipped over. Still got awhile yet to go for IT.

dcc4ed6a_DSC00123.jpg

Got hamzilla all done. Going to cover and rest in the cold oven for awhile.

4aa81da6_hz8.jpg

Have way more than enough for me and wife so i did a container for my daughter.

5fa48a70_DSC00138.jpg

0443f1cf_DSC00137.jpg

b35d2369_DSC00143.jpg

Nepas, that is another great smoke from you.  It looks great...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky