• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Mailbox mod using AMNPS question.

cde70

Joined Sep 7, 2015
 I was thinking about trying out the mailbox mod for my new MES40.  Will this work with the new design of a new MES40?  On other posts it looked like members had attached a piece of pipe to the inside of the smoker to get the smoke to the middle of the chamber.  Is that necessary? My unit has a tent shaped shield over the top of the chip loader. Also all the mailboxes I see are galvanized steel. I thought you weren't supposed to use galvanized anything when cooking? Also aren't the elbows and pipe I would use to attach the mod to the unit be galvanized?  Maybe I am being overly cautious.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,  Curt

Last edited:

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014

I was thinking about trying out the mailbox mod for my new MES30.  Will this work with the new design of a new MES40?  On other posts it looked like members had attached a piece of pipe to the inside of the smoker to get the smoke to the middle of the chamber.  Is that necessary? My unit has a tent shaped shield over the top of the chip loader. Also all the mailboxes I see are galvanized steel. I thought you weren't supposed to use galvanized anything when cooking? Also aren't the elbows and pipe I would use to attach the mod to the unit be galvanized?  Maybe I am being overly cautious.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,  Curt
Use it do a burn in with a halve try of pellets it will coat the inside.My elbows are aluminum

Richie 

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.