Mail order wood

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

irish fan

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 26, 2006
Does anyone out there in BBQ land know anywhere you can purchase variuos types of hardwood through the internet? The bags I can buy at Menards are too expensive and burn up way too fast. I end up spending more on the fuel than the food when I cook a whole shoulder or something that takes more than 4 or 5 hours.

I've bought from the guy ultramag notes. Great service and nice seasoned wood. It's cut into nice little pieces and seems to burn fine. I bought pear, pecan and hickory and all were nice. If I don't find some local wood, I'll buy from these guys again.

I have also bought from the source ultramag notes. As a matter I have bought on several occasions. They are prompt (Fed EX) and for an order for a relatively small amount, they pay postage. The wood is in chunks.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky