1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Mail order wood

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by irish fan, Nov 7, 2006.

1. irish fan

irish fan Fire Starter

Does anyone out there in BBQ land know anywhere you can purchase variuos types of hardwood through the internet? The bags I can buy at Menards are too expensive and burn up way too fast. I end up spending more on the fuel than the food when I cook a whole shoulder or something that takes more than 4 or 5 hours.

2. ultramag

ultramag SMF Events Planning Committee

Have not used them yet, but I intend too. If you make an order let us know what you think.

Mail Order BBQ Wood

3. jaynik

jaynik Smoking Fanatic

I've bought from the guy ultramag notes. Great service and nice seasoned wood. It's cut into nice little pieces and seems to burn fine. I bought pear, pecan and hickory and all were nice. If I don't find some local wood, I'll buy from these guys again.

4. bwsmith_2000

bwsmith_2000 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I have also bought from the source ultramag notes. As a matter I have bought on several occasions. They are prompt (Fed EX) and for an order for a relatively small amount, they pay postage. The wood is in chunks.