Maiden Voyage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tag0401

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 5, 2018
Elgin SC
Good afternoon SMF

It’s been awhile since I’ve been on here so I hope everyone has been well. Recently axed the MES and made the move to an OK Joe. Taking her on her first ride today with some smoked leg quarters. Will follow up with some Q view in a bit! 87C0C1B4-F97D-446C-BA2F-A8E51F23C446.jpeg

Last edited:
Awesome. Welcome back. Congratulations on the bbq and looking forward for the end product

Reactions: tag0401
Having a bit of trouble getting smoker temps back up after the flip. 😬.

It happens. I tried and add wood before opening that way it has time to catch fire and any dirty smoke gets out of chamber

Reactions: tag0401
Congrats on the new rig!
From the looks of the chicken, it sure didn’t take you long to figure it out.
Awesome looking chicken!
Al

Congrats on the new rig!
From the looks of the chicken, it sure didn’t take you long to figure it out.
Awesome looking chicken!
Al
Thanks Al, Gonna take some time to get out of the old habit of set and forget I acquired using an electric.

Good looking chicken!!

What are your 1st impressions of the the OK Joe?
I like it. I was never able to get my electric hot enough to give bite through skin on chicken. That was no problem with this one. However I am going to have to work on my fire control techniques and maybe look into some mods. I can’t blame the heat issue on the smoker just yet. All in all my first impression is good!

Reactions: remsp10
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky