1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Maiden Voyage with Lucy....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by phatbac, Jul 30, 2018.

1. phatbac

phatbac Master of the Pit

Hello everyone:
    As many of you know i just took delivery of my new smoker, a Lang 48 Patio, I call Lucy. I seasoned her well on Saturday and Sunday after church i took her for a maiden voyage and smoked with her.

I smoked 2 Tenderloins (pork), a pork butt, a rack of baby backs, 4 beef short ribs, 5 sweet Italian sausages, and a whole spatchcocked chicken. below are the pictures....

fullsmoker1.jpg ribssausage.jpg porkbutt1.jpg TLandBribs.jpg toprack1.jpg chicken1.jpg chicken2.jpg ribssausage2.jpg sausage1.jpg ribs2.jpg ribs31.jpg brib3.jpg TL2.jpg LucyAngle.jpg

Hope you enjoyed looking. i love the smoke and starting to get to know my new smoker!
    Now i have food for the whole week!

Happy Smoking,
    phatbac (Aaron)

2. oldsmokerdude

oldsmokerdude Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Looks great (the smoker and the food). AND, it looks like you cooked enough to last you a week or so. How do you like the smoker so far?

Thanks for sharing!

3. TomKnollRFV

TomKnollRFV Master of the Pit Group Lead

If you need some one to help verify the food turned out good..I mean, I totally volunteer! ;)

SonnyE and kit s like this.
  4. tropics

tropics Smoking Guru ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Aaron That all looks great the smoker is nice & looks like you have it dialed in.Points
    Richie

5. Bet the gang enjoyed your Lang as much as you do ( i mean look at the feast)...and of course bet they enjoyed the vittles too.

6. SonnyE

SonnyE Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Looks like Lucy and You were meant for each other, Aaron.
    Such intimacy!
    Outstanding!

7. flatbroke

flatbroke Smoking Fanatic ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Hey Phatbac, Righteous first cook. The vittles look fantastic.

PS, Im glad you didn't end up running down the road Nekkid.

piker likes this.
  8. chilerelleno

chilerelleno Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

What?! You didn't bust a bottle of bubbly on her firebox?
    C'mon man, christen her righteously.

Seriously though, great smoker and fantastic food, nice going all the way around.
    Like!

9. phatbac

thank you and i'm loving the new pit! i recommend a Lang Smoker to anyone who likes stick burners.

thanks Tom, you are welcome anytime!

Happy Smoking,
    phatbac (Aaron)

10. Co4ch D4ve

Co4ch D4ve Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

The food and smoker look great. Learning a new offset is fun... I’m on week 4 of my new LoneStarz and still learning stuff everytime I use it. I haven’t named her yet... Have fun with Lucy!

11. phatbac

thanks Richie! not sure if i have her dialed in totally but it went pretty well, getting to know her!

Its a hit around the house, ,y wife is hurt so im doing all the cooking and it helps!

Happy Smoking,
    phatbac (Aaron)

12. gmc2003

gmc2003 Master of the Pit

Aaron, you've truly disappointed me. I can see allot of unused real estate on those grates. What were you thinking!!!? :)

Truth, the food and smoker look great, and with you behind the wheel it's a match made in heaven.

Point for sure.

Chris

13. phatbac

thank you Sonny and it was love at first sight!

thank you flatbroke, i did come close when the smoker was delayed hour and half! ;)

thanks Chile, but honestly didn't think of that...dang i should have went to the liquid store...

Happy Smoking,
    phatbac (Aaron)

14. phatbac

i love stick burning and i agree they are a lot of fun! congrats on the the new lone starz you are a few weeks ahead of me into the fun! i sold Betty (my Lang 36) a month ago and i have missed stick burner. (using the WSM has helped)
    My wife names all my smokers so ask for help!

I know right! i had another rack of babies, a 13# packer brisket some more beef ribs and some steak in the freezer but my wife talked me into (told me to) save some for next weekend. I am going to see if i can get a rib roast or a beef tenderloin for next weekend too.

thanks to everyone for the support and nice words!
    Happy Smoking (I sure am),
    phatbac (Aaron)

15. SonnyE

Well, don't you need a smidgen of space to let the smoke circulate?

I must say I was embarrassed seeing how much meat you put in Lucy considering it was the first time. :oops:

SmokinVOLfan likes this.
  16. weev

weev Smoking Fanatic ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Congrats on the new smoker and everything looked really good

17. phatbac

you are right and you i found more space and meat equals more fire for same temp. so that is something i will get used to.

But I'm never embarrassed at having a lot of meat!:D

Happy Smoking,
    phatbac (Aaron)

SonnyE likes this.
  18. phatbac

Thank you weev!

Happy Smoking,
    phatbac (Aaron)

19. SmokinVOLfan

SmokinVOLfan Smoking Fanatic

The new smoker and all the food looks great. Congrats!

20. SonnyE

I would love to go on and on, but it would be like a roller coaster on the first hill.
    It might cause a lot of shrieking and make eyes open wide...

At least Lucy now knows you are apt to fill her when ever you open her up. LOL!

Happy Smoking Aaron! Glad you are back to sticking something since you sold off Betty.

And away we go! LOL!

My childhood...
    Self made roller coaster...:confused:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018