• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Mahi mahi tacos

Hamdrew

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jan 17, 2021
blackening is a method of cooking bigfurmn bigfurmn

im curious if to u have any lil signature touches to ur blackening spice. i use the stuff on everything, but heavy jalapeno/serrano/green chile (just dehydrate and coffee-grind) to create an instant chipotle-esque flavor is special to me

Ooaaronoo

Fire Starter
Joined Mar 24, 2019
blackening is a method of cooking bigfurmn bigfurmn

im curious if to u have any lil signature touches to ur blackening spice. i use the stuff on everything, but heavy jalapeno/serrano/green chile (just dehydrate and coffee-grind) to create an instant chipotle-esque flavor is special to me
No, this was my first time ever blackening. I just randomly picked one from online

TNJAKE

Smoking Guru
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 26, 2019
Looks delicious. Mahi mahi is a favorite for fish tacos for me. Extra points when it's blackened

Hamdrew

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jan 17, 2021
In a restaurant, lots of times just a regular literally smoking hot skillet. drop it down and start burning it, often sending that skillet right into the oven.

At home many dont use the oven, just try to burn one side of the fish. Ergo, "blackened" can sometimes just refer to the seasoning blend

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.