Made a fix for the dripping drain hole when not in use

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sandyut

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2015
Colorado
I made this out of wire and spray can lid. If anyone has something better please let me know. cover went right over no problem there.

I am getting tired of the grease dripping on the mat and the cover is greased on that end too.
IMG_8212.jpg

I use a small galvanized bucket I got at my hardware store for 2 dollars. It’s about 5 inches and works great. I just looked on Amazon and they sell them in packs. Cover goes over it just fine, only problem I’ve had is critters going after the fat if I don’t empty it out!

I use a small galvanized bucket I got at my hardware store for 2 dollars. It’s about 5 inches and works great. I just looked on Amazon and they sell them in packs. Cover goes over it just fine, only problem I’ve had is critters going after the fat if I don’t empty it out!
My camp chef came with that type of bucket, and yep.... They're easily found at the hardware stores. I have to be careful when removing the cover as I have knocked it off a few times.

I guess I should have tried to put he cover on with OEM bucket...but I generally only empty it when I clean the smoker...so there is a risk of big spills...maybe not sure now.

On my GMG, I leave the bucket on all the time. I also use the paper liner and toss when full. Easier than tin foil or cleaning a greasy bucket with no liner.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky