Mac and Cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dumasbro2

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 14, 2013
Sugarcreek, Ohio
I have smoked Jeff's Mac and Cheese from his newsletter recipe and it has become a family favorite. Is it possible to make the mac and cheese the night before and smoke it the next day? I want to smoke it at work for dinner but I really don't want to prepare everything at the shop.

Well , I'm no Mac n cheese expert , but I can't see why not....make it ahead refrigerate overnight and the next day in the smoker you're heating it up and adding smoke at the same time.....might just have to plan on a few extra minutes to go from refrigerator cold to cooking

Yes you can make it ahead. But depending on your recipe you may need add some milk to make it creamy. If it is a recipe that contains eggs there is nothing extra needed as it will set up firm anyway...JJ

The pasta will continue to absorb liquid overnight in the frig.  Make ahead Mac & Cheese needs to be on the soupy side to have the consistency you want the next day at the table.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky