Lump Charcoal

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

toad359

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 14, 2015
San Angelo, Tx
I know there are a couple threads talking about Lump so excuse me if it isn't right to start a new one!

I have used B&B for about 6 years and it pretty good but I was wundering what else might work well for a little less $$$.

I bought a bag of VISION from SAMs for 12.93 and used it today. I was very disappointed. It was about 25% dust, 25% chips 25% medium chunks and 25% large pieces.

Have never had that much throw away with B&B. Anyone else used Vision. Anyone used both B&B and Royal Oak for comparison?

Thanks, SMOKE ON!

I have not done any direct side by side comparison, but I have used Royal Oak for about 6 years and I love it. It lights quick, burns hot and lasts very well. No trash and very little ash. Give it a good try and I'm sure you'll like it.

Good luck, Joe

Ever tried Lazzari?

Personally I use either Royal Oak for smoking and Lazzari for grilling.

If there's a BevMo in your area, they may carry, or can order Lazzari.

Ever tried Lazzari?

Personally I use either Royal Oak for smoking and Lazzari for grilling.

If there's a BevMo in your area, they may carry, or can order Lazzari.
Yep, Lazzari is my favorite.  Works great for hot n fast or the grill.  It wasn't available for a while so I stopped looking.  Kind of shifted to Total Wine & More too so I'll have to run by a BevMo and see if they have it again here locally.   

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky