Lump Charcoal

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

toad359

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 14, 2015
San Angelo, Tx
I know there are a couple threads talking about Lump so excuse me if it isn't right to start a new one!

I have used B&B for about 6 years and it pretty good but I was wundering what else might work well for a little less $$$.

I bought a bag of VISION from SAMs for 12.93 and used it today. I was very disappointed. It was about 25% dust, 25% chips 25% medium chunks and 25% large pieces.

Have never had that much throw away with B&B. Anyone else used Vision. Anyone used both B&B and Royal Oak for comparison?

Thanks, SMOKE ON!

I have not done any direct side by side comparison, but I have used Royal Oak for about 6 years and I love it. It lights quick, burns hot and lasts very well. No trash and very little ash. Give it a good try and I'm sure you'll like it.

Good luck, Joe

Ever tried Lazzari?

Personally I use either Royal Oak for smoking and Lazzari for grilling.

If there's a BevMo in your area, they may carry, or can order Lazzari.

Ever tried Lazzari?

Personally I use either Royal Oak for smoking and Lazzari for grilling.

If there's a BevMo in your area, they may carry, or can order Lazzari.
Yep, Lazzari is my favorite.  Works great for hot n fast or the grill.  It wasn't available for a while so I stopped looking.  Kind of shifted to Total Wine & More too so I'll have to run by a BevMo and see if they have it again here locally.   

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky