Lox

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
Attleboro,Ma
Followed Bballys' recipe an procedure
Bought the Salmon at Sams' Club the sign had it as skinless,I took one didn't read it someone was kind enough to put one with skin in that pile.(bast***)
100_7730.JPG

Didn't get the pic with the dill on top before wrapping
100_7731.JPG

Should have nice weather during the week to smoke it
Richie

Looks good so far Richie!
I love lox & I am out of it, just waiting for it to cool down!
AAl
Al

Wait a minute, wait a minute(said with my best Jackie Gleason voice). How are you getting good weather this weekend. I'm only a few hours away and we're expecting rain, freezing rain, and snow.

On a more serious note: The salmon looks really good Richie, can't wait to the final results. My daughter is coming up sometime around Christmas and I need to restock my supply of lox.

Chris

Wait a minute, wait a minute(said with my best Jackie Gleason voice). How are you getting good weather this weekend. I'm only a few hours away and we're expecting rain, freezing rain, and snow.

On a more serious note: The salmon looks really good Richie, can't wait to the final results. My daughter is coming up sometime around Christmas and I need to restock my supply of lox.

Chris
Chris I said week not weekend LOL looking at maybe Wed. or Thurs.
Richie

Rinsed the Salmon and soaked for 2.5 hrs then into the fridge for 24 hrs
100_7769.JPG

Dried for 3 hrs before smoking no pics in the smoker
100_7772.JPG

In the fridge again for 24 more hrs before slicing
100_7774.JPG

Picked up a nice Onion Bagel smeared some Cream Cheese,Capers & Lox
100_7787.JPG

Breakfast is served
100_7789.JPG

Thanks for watching
Richie

That looks really good Richie, nice job on the slicing also.

Point for sure.
Chris

That's beautiful Richie. Finally cooling off here for me to get some stuff done

That looks really good Richie, nice job on the slicing also.

Point for sure.
Chris
Chris thanks just glad I can still use a knife without cutting myself.Thanks for the Point I appreciate it
Richie

That's beautiful Richie. Finally cooling off here for me to get some stuff done

Adam The weather is crazy warm yesterday and today,I've been outside in a Tee working on cleaning the garden.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it.
Richie

Good looking lox Richie!
Only thing I do different is I put about an inch thick of lox on my bagel!
Al

Good looking lox Richie!
Only thing I do different is I put about an inch thick of lox on my bagel!
Al

Al Thanks I had to squeeze that bagel to bite it LOL we bought 2 and saved one for a repeat tomorrow.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Nice looking lox. Why just one fillet? You will run out in no time.
Sams only had single packs,even BJs had the same single packs.I don't mind making it again when I have too.
Richie

I do just a thick sliced onion & a pile of lox on a bagel, nothing else. I use 6 oz of lox per bagel.
Al
6oz eh? You got this down to a T like all your smokes. No wonder they are perfect...every time.

I love lox so much- i try eating it different ways. There was a thread here a while ago: what cheese you like with lox. Somebody said: blue cheese. I thought: come on...
Then I tried it. Lovely.

Reactions: 73saint
6oz eh? You got this down to a T like all your smokes. No wonder they are perfect...every time.

I love lox so much- i try eating it different ways. There was a thread here a while ago: what cheese you like with lox. Somebody said: blue cheese. I thought: come on...
Then I tried it. Lovely.

Well I have never heard of Blue cheese on lox, but if you say it's good, I will have to give it a try.
But honestly I could just eat lox just by itself. It has to rank up in the top 3 foods that I like the best, maybe even number one!! I think I could eat it everyday & never tire of it.
Al

Well I have never heard of Blue cheese on lox, but if you say it's good, I will have to give it a try.
But honestly I could just eat lox just by itself. It has to rank up in the top 3 foods that I like the best, maybe even number one!! I think I could eat it everyday & never tire of it.
Al
Same here

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky