Low Carb Brisket Nacho's and Pumpkin Cheesecake

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
After getting back from brewery decided to keep simple and make some low carb brisket nacho's.

20211016_164225.jpg

Than for dessert some low carb pumpkin cheesecake made yesterday. Crust made from pecans.

20211016_165919.jpg

I dont follow a low carb diet. But, I could sure enough go a plate or two deep in both of those.
Jim

Nice work Brian your nachos Always look delicious. Emily made a "Hawaiian pecan pie" today. Has pineapples and pecans and who knows what else. Pretty delicious

Nice job Brian! Just love nachos and cheesecake!

Ryan

Looks great Brian and you know I’m going to try that cheesecake. I love all pumpkin desserts.

That's interesting. Did you post that recipe by chance?
Looks great Brian
Nacho's anytime hit the spot.
And i'm with the others , Pies and pumpkin YES, and the pecan crust. Did you grind them and make it like a Graham Cracker crust

David

I bought the pecan flour from amazon. If I find any pecans this year will start grinding my own. This is the recipe:

1 1/2 cups whole pecans
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup Truvia, baking blend (stevia & erythritol, not the stuff with sugar)
1 pinch kosher salt
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 egg white

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a food processor, process pecans on high until they are a fine meal. Add the Truvia, cinnamon & salt. Pulse a few times.

While food processor is running on low, add the melted butter & egg white until dough is completely blended & clumped together.

Lightly spray pie pan with Pam. Add the dough & cover with a piece of plastic wrap. Using your fingers or the bottom of a glass, gently press to cover the bottom & sides of the pie pan. Remove the plastic wrap.

Bake the crust for 10 minutes. It will puff a bit in the middle but will flatten again as it cools. If you use this crust for a baked pie, when you bake it again cover the edges with foil so that it doesn't over-brown.

20211015_150822.jpg 20211015_150830.jpg 20211015_154116.jpg

I bought the pecan flour from amazon. If I find any pecans this year will start grinding my own. This is the recipe:

1 1/2 cups whole pecans
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup Truvia, baking blend (stevia & erythritol, not the stuff with sugar)
1 pinch kosher salt
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 egg white

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a food processor, process pecans on high until they are a fine meal. Add the Truvia, cinnamon & salt. Pulse a few times.

While food processor is running on low, add the melted butter & egg white until dough is completely blended & clumped together.

Lightly spray pie pan with Pam. Add the dough & cover with a piece of plastic wrap. Using your fingers or the bottom of a glass, gently press to cover the bottom & sides of the pie pan. Remove the plastic wrap.

Bake the crust for 10 minutes. It will puff a bit in the middle but will flatten again as it cools. If you use this crust for a baked pie, when you bake it again cover the edges with foil so that it doesn't over-brown.

Thanks Brian for the recipe and the process, So almost the same as a graham cracker way of baking it .
Will have to try this , I like pecans , so win win

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky