Low Calorie "Eggnog"{Kinda}

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tbern

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 27, 2015
Southwest Minnesota
I will start off right away and say this recipe i have used from the internet "tastes" close to eggnog, it is NOT in any way as good as the real stuff, {so know that going in if you're going to try it}, but for me anyway, trying to save calories here and there where i can and still enjoy some of the goodies of the season, it does give me a taste of eggnog which i really enjoy, but with a lot less calories than the real stuff.

put 2 cups of milk in whatever kind of container{blender} you have that you can mix it very well in. i use a stick blender and put the milk into a gallon pitcher. you can use whatever percentage of fat milk you like, but the less fat, the less calories. i have even used fat free and it works for me, just makes the final product thinner/less creamy.

add to the milk, 1/2 cup of sugar i have used less and it still works for me. also have used sugar substitute and that works too. or a blend of real sugar and sugar substitute.

1 package of instant vanilla pudding. could use the sugar free kind??, but i have not tried that as i never can find the sugar free version often.

1/4tsp of ground nutmeg, 1/4tsp of ground allspice, 1/4tsp of ginger. here you can adjust these amounts higher to your liking. i usually go a little bit more of each of these.

1 1/2tsp of rum-flavored extract. here again you can adjust this amount to your taste.

with all these ingredients combined, blend until its smooth. then stir in 3 more cups of milk. then put in the fridge for an hour at least to let it thicken up some. stir it up before you serve it.

if you like you can add cinnamon on top as a garnish, i don't. also rum, brandy or?? but that adds calories back on.

i tried to put a picture of the finished product up, but my photo program on my computer doesn't want to behave this morning.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky