Love to smoke, Meats that is.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kpinitreal

Original poster
Jan 26, 2015
Virginia
Hello all,

I have been an avid smoker of meats for a few years now. Here in Northern Virginia, its not too difficult to find good BBQ, but there is just something I love about cooking my own.

I started with the Brinkman, a bullet type electrical smoker. It was a great starter and free as a gift from my job for the years of service.

I then bought a SMVS (Smokey Mountain Vertical Smoker - propane) from a friend at work for only $40 and really got into smoking quantity as well and perfecting my quality of smoked meats.

I enjoyed all kinds of smoked meats, but I have to say that a good rack of smoked ribs has to be my favorite. I also have a great hot wings recipe that I found on the web and tweaked it to my temperature level. 

Another vertical smoker (Masterbuilt -dual door vertical smoker-propane )was than purchased as the SMVS seemed to lose quite a bit of smoke no matter what I did to it. It was old so that was a reason to invest in a newer vertical smoker.

I have now dialed in my rib rub, which is my favorite off of the smoker, and again have invested in the Akorn Kamado style Kooker. Just have to say though, the wife will not let me get rid of the vertical until I can smoke some wings on the Kamado like I have done on the Masterbuilt

I have read and heard some rav reviews and cannot wait to get it up and running. It should be delivered 1/27 - 1/29. Hopefully before this years Super Bowl.

Anyways, hello to all my fellow and female smokers....Looking forward to expanding my knowledge.

Welcome to the board! I need to look up some Kamado how-to videos. I'm running an offset.

You're right about wanting to hog the fun of smoking the meat yourself. That's really true for grinding, where you decide what goes in. Have fun exploring this place!

Reactions: kpinitreal
kpinitreal,
Welcome, from southern Ohio, to the best forum on the internet if you are looking to learn how to BBQ/smoke/brine/cure/inject. Well you get the picture if you can do it to something you put on a plate to eat then someone here has probably done it then smoked it.

Use the search bar at the top of the page and you will be led to the answer to most every question you can think of. If you don't find the answer there then just post it and someone will chime in with their opinion on the subject.

Always remember the only dumb question is the one you don’t ask!!
Keep Smokin!!!
Wolf

Glad you joined the group. The search bar at the top of any page is your best friend.
About anything you wanna know about smoking/grilling/curing/brining/cutting or slicing
and the list goes on has probably been posted. Remember to post a QVIEW of your smokes.
We are all smoke junkies here and we have to get our fix. If you have questions
Post it and you will probably get 10 replies with 11 different answers. That is
because their are so many different ways to make great Q...
Happy smoken.
David

texas.gif
  Good afternoon and welcome to the forum, from a nice sunny and cool day here in East Texas. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky