love to smoke! from MN

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mrt86er

Original poster
Nov 5, 2012
My name is Mark. I am from Belle Plaine, Minnesota. I have been smoking for about 3 years. I started on a small Masterbuilt charcoal smoker had some ups and downs with it. Main problem was controlling the temp in the winter. Bought a Masterbuilt electric smoker had some luck with it. Trying to figure out the right amount of smoke with different woods. I find that Smoking-Meat.com has a lot of good info and recipes. The forum will be nice to get info from others with the same equipment or problems. Happy Smokin!!  

Welcome Mark! Yes this forum is a nice place to get info from others with the same equipment or problems.

Even more so, I've found that it is great for those times when you've got smoking on the brain and no one to talk to about it, or who at least understands the obsession. Take care, welcome aboard and happy smoking!

Hi Mark! 
welcome1.gif
to SMF!!! We're happy you found us! You've come to the right place, we have over 40,000 members and over 800,000 posts so you should be able to find almost anything you want to know. Remember the search bar at the top can be your best friend for finding answers fast!

Would you do us a favor and update your profile to include your location, Thanks!

You might want to check out Jeff's Free 5 day E-course it will teach you all the basics and a whole lot more!

If you're looking for perfect smoke in your MES you should check out an A-Maze-N Pellet Smoker (AMNPS) it is a match made in heaven for the MES!

Good Morning

I live in St. Peter. it sounds like we have the same smoker. I just did a beef roast turn out great.

Keep Smoking in MN

Like to hear from you.

Thanks

I have checked out your product. It looks to be the answer I been looking for. I have been having problems getting enough smoke in to my meat with the electric smoker. I had the charcoal smoker down pat. You will more than likely see an order from me. Thanks for the welcome!!

Hello from BP.

Haven't tried a roast yet. sounds good! I just got the electric smoker about mid summer. I have done about 12 racks of ribs, 2 pork butts and 1 brisket. most of them have been pretty good. I like the fact that it keeps the temp steady. the problem I have is not getting enough smoke into the meat. just wondering if you had that problem at all. Thanks for the welcome to the forum. Looking foward to your reply.

Mark 

Welcome aboard Mark. Glad you found us. You're gonna love it here. Lots of great infomation and advice. Not to mention the folks are very friendly and always willing to share. Again,
welcome1.gif

Hey T,

Used the smoker in the mes, It was awesome. I will be using it from now on.

Mark

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky