Lost Retainer Ring

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

PolishDeli

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 9, 2018
  • Wow
Reactions: JC in GB
I wonder if the nut for a PVC P-trap or a PVC union would have the same threads? The threads can't be too unique.

white-everbilt-polypropylene-fittings-c9704b-64_1000.jpg

gray-homewerks-worldwide-pvc-fittings-512-44-1-1b-64_400_compressed.jpg

Thirdeye might be onto something, I just measured my TSM 5 lb stuffer and the discharge pipe is 1 1/4" which is a standard drain size, so it might just work.

Get it good and clean with alcohol removing all the grease then try wrapping it real tight with electrician tape then duck tape. May work?

If the horn is stainless it is possible to silver solder the horn to the suffer month by using the correct flux. Then when you get the new nut just heat up the silver solder and sweet the two pieces back apart again.

Never actually did this myself but have witnessed this done once before on some pipe fittings.

Thanks for the advice.

Happy ending: I found the retainer ring, and all was well.

A slip joint nut has the wrong thread size :(
Other things I tried: Baby bottle top (medela brand), and pop-up sprinkler heads.
I was about try molding the threads/sculpting a ring with JB Weld.

Last edited:
Reactions: JC in GB and DanMcG
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky