• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Looking to start a new Refrigerator smoker build.

ddemerath

Smoke Blower
Joined Oct 3, 2006
I am looking to replace my GOSM as it doesn't want to get very hot anymore with a refrigerator build.  I am tossing around a few ideas for the heat source.  Do I go with electric or make it into a pellet pooper?  The items we like to smoke are Turkey, Bacon, Jerky, Brisket and sausages.  I do have a A-Maze-N-Pellet-Smoker I use with the GOSM.

Any thoughts/suggestions.

Thanks

mneeley490

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 23, 2011
ddemerath, read some of the threads here before you decide. Guys have made conversions for electric, propane, pellets, and even charcoal.

Good luck!

ddemerath

Smoke Blower
Joined Oct 3, 2006
I'm going to pick up an antique frige tomorrow. Can't wait. Has anyone ever made a combo unit? I'm thinking possibly electric and pellet controlled, I'll mount the burner under the pellet feeder, space permitting. I think it might work.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.