Looking to start a new Refrigerator smoker build.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ddemerath

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 3, 2006
Janesville, WI
I am looking to replace my GOSM as it doesn't want to get very hot anymore with a refrigerator build.  I am tossing around a few ideas for the heat source.  Do I go with electric or make it into a pellet pooper?  The items we like to smoke are Turkey, Bacon, Jerky, Brisket and sausages.  I do have a A-Maze-N-Pellet-Smoker I use with the GOSM.

Any thoughts/suggestions.

Thanks

ddemerath, read some of the threads here before you decide. Guys have made conversions for electric, propane, pellets, and even charcoal.

Good luck!

I'm going to pick up an antique frige tomorrow. Can't wait. Has anyone ever made a combo unit? I'm thinking possibly electric and pellet controlled, I'll mount the burner under the pellet feeder, space permitting. I think it might work.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky